Sunday, April 10, 2005

Now I'm Angry

Rant mode is fully engaged. Be warned. There is a strong possibility that my no swearing rule is about to be broken.

Via Chicken Yoghurt, an article today in the Observer has really pissed me off.

Hain says:
Progressives should not use the election to send a message to Blair, he said: 'He's got the message. The really important message to send with your cross on the ballot paper is to say to the Tories that this sort of rabid right-wing platform is unacceptable.'

He's got the message?
Listen carefully, Here are our terms. (also via Chicken Yoghurt).
The message is that we don't want a liar running the country.
Another reminder: That famous oxymoron: Military Intelligence.
And the voting system introduced under Blair: All is well, don't argue, don't complain.

Update
: a Google Alert points me to an article in The Sunday Times - Scotland.
Selected quotes from Tam Dalyell, father of the house, who is stepping down after 42 years:
"Blair lied."
"He doesn’t like the Commons. He doesn’t like parliament. He doesn’t like the Labour party. So what we have now is a court, not a parliamentary democracy."
And on his opinion that Blair was the worst PM he had known, Tam said:
"I was asked recently if I had changed my mind. Yes, I had, I said. I thought then that Blair was the worst. Now I think he’s by far the worst."

I've just seen a clip of the Labour party political broadcast which is to be released tomorrow. I'm still feeling sick. The last traces of respect I had for Gordon Brown are quickly dissolving.
Robin Cook for PM!

Hain is right about one thing though. The Nasty Party really are sinking to the lowest depths.
Howard attacks 'unjust' asylum.
The UK is one of the richest countries in the world. In a system with vast inequalities the free market economy will always provide incentives for immigration towards the UK. It's the invisible hand at work and the Tories, perhaps more than any other party, ought to be able to see that. As far as I'm concerned, Mr Howard can stick his dog whistle up his arse. Racism by any other name is still racism.

So I'm Backing Blair.

Rant over. Normal service to be resumed shortly.

No comments: