Thursday, September 08, 2005

Where's the bias?

In an earlier post, an article from the Wall Street Journal was brought to my attention.
Blame Amid the Tragedy
Gov. Blanco and Mayor Nagin failed their constituents.
It is, by any measure, a damning account of the failures of these state officials. Yesterday, Scott McClennan said "I’m just not going to engage in the blame game or finger-pointing that you’re trying to get me to engage." The author of the WSJ article doesn't feel bound by the same constraints. And why should he? He's a columnist for the WSJ, not a government spokesman. He is exercising his legitimate right as a journalist to express his impartial opinion.

The article is written by Bob Williams so I thought I'd see if I could find out a little more. Just who is Bob Williams? The article says he's president of the Evergreen Freedom Foundation. So it is the same Bob Williams who is described here.
Bob Williams is president of the Evergreen Freedom Foundation... He also earned the 1988 Republican nomination for governor.
A Republican? You can imagine my surprise.
And the Evergreen Freedom Foundation turns out to be a highly partisan Republican think-tank. Well, my chin hit the floor.

I'm afraid this is just another sign of the moral corruption of democracy in the United States of America. It is sad and it's also frightening. And make no mistake, the Blair government loves tactics like these, can't get enough of them. Yay for democracy.

No comments: