Wednesday, August 03, 2005

This Title has Been Censored For Your Protection

Tim attended the protest against the "protest exclusion zone" on Monday. This law is an ass. Tim proves the point with a basic understanding of the English language* and a marker pen. Whilst I'm sure our government has many of the second, it's clear that they'd struggle to lay their hands on the first. Apart from the fact that it's hopelessly badly written, there is absolutely no justification for this new law. The Serious and Organised Crime and Police Act? The government has reclassified the megaphone as a dangerous and lethal weapon. Also reclassified are placards, posters, talking in a loud voice, expressing opinions deemed to be blasphemous to the word of the Blair...

Anyway, I also agree with Nosemonkey. I don't think the "Troops Out!" banners were a good idea. I think it would have been more effective if it had been strictly about the new law. Of course, I accept that it's logically inconsistent to advocate limits on the right to protest at a protest against limits to the right to protest. Sometimes, logic can be an ass too.

*Not that I'm implying that Tim has only a basic understanding of English. Stones and greenhouses aren't my thing...

No comments: