Monday, August 15, 2005

Monday Goodness

I'm watching the cricket. As I write this it's 221-5 with about three hours left to play. It looks like it's going to be edge of the seat stuff. If I was a betting man (which I'm not, it's a mugs game) I'd say England will win it.

Some sort of awful tabloid pun headline is required for this story. Are they taking the p*ss or something? The P&J goes for "P for Power" (not online) which isn't bad at all. That aside, it's this sort of ingenuity and inventiveness which I really find inspiring. Hurray for the human race!

Cricket Update
That really was an extraordinary game. Unbelievable tension right down to the last ball. Disappointing for England not to win the game but you've got to hand it to Ponting for an amazing innings. Brave stuff too from Brett Lee. Can't wait for the next game.

No comments: