Monday, August 15, 2005

Catching Up

I'm still catching up after my wee break but I've managed to respond to some of the comments left over the last couple of weeks.

I think it'll be easier for all concerned if I link to the relevant comments so here they are.
CIA stooge?
Intelligent design?
England quite good at cricket?
Out of sight, out of mind?

Interesting comments as always. I seem to have drawn something of a lucky straw in that regard. My thanks to all who take the time. If I may quote the wise words of Wayne and Garth "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy..."
Just to be clear, seriously, thanks.

Here are a couple of events I might have normally blogged at greater length.
Negotiations on Iraq's new constitution are continuing. I'm not sure that an agreement will be reached before the deadline, or rather, I'm not sure a useful agreement can be reached by then. It won't surprise me if we are presented with a successful conclusion to the negotiations on Monday. On closer examination this is likely to be an agreement stating that "we agree to continue to negotiate" or something similar. That's the broad thrust of what I think is likely to happen on Monday/Tuesday anyway. Feel free to point and laugh if I'm proved wrong (but not too much, I'm not claiming to be sure this'll happen).

Israel is leaving the Gaza Strip. The Israeli/Palestine situation is so complex that I don't feel I can make a short comment on this. I'll just make this very short one instead. Good.
Some posts on this whole problem are in the pipeline for anyone interested.

As it's Sunday, it's only right to finish with some sport.
Aberdeen beat Rangers 3-2. It's Aberdeen's first league win over Rangers for 7 years so you'll forgive me if I say woo hoo, yay, huzzah, wOOt...
More of the same please.
And good luck to England in the final day of the third test. Should be an exiting day's play.

No comments: