Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Life on Mars

No, not the BBC drama although I'm starting to think that's rather good. Somewhat bizarre but entertaining. John Simm is a fine actor, I'd say.

But not that. This. A smiley face on Mars. Well I never.

Is there, perhaps, a thriving underground acid house scene going on up there?* Kudos to the first scientist to detect a sweaty, gurning Martian clubber. Perhaps we could lure them into the open by dropping a consignment of whistles and glowsticks on the surface?

Actually, this might explain the preponderance of apparently quite alien people who seemed to be going around the scene when it was on Earth. It's all starting to become clear now...

On a marginally related but slightly more serious note, Seti@home is worth a look if you're interested in that whole space thing. Who's got the answer to the Fermi paradox? I suspect it might be related to something Douglas Adams wrote.
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.
On another related note, I've not read any Ken McLeod. Looks like I've been missing out. To the Library.

* Puts on sensible hat. Drugs can be fun but they can also be dangerous. I wouldn't take it upon myself to tell anyone else what they want to do with their own body. I would advise you to take care and be sensible though. M'kay?

Tags: ,

No comments: