Sunday, January 08, 2006

No U-turn on U-turns

It's somewhat odd, and frankly suspicious, that you've got someone who was advocating the patient's passport a few months ago now saying it's wrong.
- Tony Blair on David Cameron
Because no-one is allowed to change their mind in politics. Ever.
Mine is the first generation able to contemplate the possibility that we may live our entire lives without going to war or sending our children to war
- Tony Blair on war
I've no particular reason to defend DC, by the way.

Don't you think Tony Blair looks tired? It might be a good idea to ask around and see what others think. (Updated - see MattGB, who posed this question initially).

Update
Reading the Observer interview again has prompted another obvious and badly executed bit of photoshoppery.


Relax

Translation:

Dear Labour Party member,

Thank you again for your efforts in the general election in May. I am writing to you in order to calm any fears you may have with regard to the current political landscape.

May I start by making it clear that I do not expect the Labour Party to "Kennedy" me even though we're all crapping it about Cameron as well.

I. Will. Not. Go. Quitely.

The party can ill afford a lack of discipline along with a messy attempt to remove my sweaty, grasping hands from the reins of power at this juncture. If you think I'm a liability, I can asure you that the fallout from such an action would be much, much worse. As such, you'd better bloody well do what you're told or we'll lose the next general election.

Thank you for your continued support.

Your sincerely,

TB, PM

Tags: , ,

No comments: