Thursday, November 24, 2005

Get Involved

The Iraq war has generated a huge number of controversies with regard to the conduct of the UK government. What is undoubtedly needed is an independent review to investigate these matters. MPs have the power to make that happen.

Justin has all the relevant details. I strongly recommend getting involved. I've just sent mine:

Dear Anne Begg,

In March 2003, you voted against the declaration of war against Iraq. Since then, a number of allegations have been made with regard to the government's conduct in relation to all aspects of the Iraq war. As such, I am writing to ask you to support Early Day Motion 1088 (Conduct of Government policy in relation to the war against Iraq). Given the many allegations, I believe a thorough review is in the best interest of all concerned and hope that you share that view.

If you are not able to support this motion, I would ask that you explain why this is the case.

Yours sincerely,

Garry Smith

No comments: