- Six US soldiers were killed in two seperate roadside bomb attacks.
- A car bomb in Basra killed at least twenty people and injured at least forty.
- Local doctors claim that at least thirty people have been killed in a US air raid near the Syrian border.
- Two mortar rounds in Baghdad killed one civilian and injured four others.
- Two mortar rounds in Bani Saad, 35 miles north of Badhdad, killed two Iraqi soldiers and injured seven others.
Let's not forget what George said before this all started.
"A new regime in Iraq would serve as a dramatic and inspiring example of freedom to other nations of the region."Well, it is undeniably dramatic. The rest was just so much woooly headed nonsense. It amazes me that so many people still seem to trust the man's judgement. I mean, how wrong does he have to be to prove he's not qualified to lead the most powerful nation on Earth? How many more dangerous situations is he going to be allowed to create?
- George W. Bush, 26/02/03
Regime change is the obvious answer and time is of the essence. We must not wait for the smoking gun of a mushroom cloud. Unlike Saddam though, George really does command a vast arsenal of WMD.