Saturday, December 23, 2006

Seven Things

I've been tagged with the "7 best things" meme. Thanks. Sort of. And seven? This could be a stretch but I'll give it a go.

What are the seven best things you did this past year?
  • Attending the Green Gym. Despite the fact that Aberdeen and its surroundings are full of green spaces, I've always been a city boy. The Green Gym has helped teach me how to look at nature and the environment in a different light. Recommended.
  • Not stopped blogging. I'm notoriously easily distracted by the next thing but having blogged for this long, I think I'm in it for long haul.
  • Being included in this book. The whole self-deprecating thing can be tiresome but given the number of excellent bloggers out there, it sort of feels like my inclusion must have been because of a mistake somewhere along the line. But I'm certainly not complaining.
  • Not saying "Bah! Humbug!" as much as I normally do at this time of year. I'm a Christmas grump (nothing to do with my atheism but probably a bit to do with my antipathy towards modern consumer culture) but I'm working on it. For the kids, like.
  • Continuing my quest to randomly smile at people working in shops (and other public service industries) and generally attempting to treat them like human beings.
  • Spreading the idea that people should randomly smile at people working in shops (and other public service industries) and generally attempt to treat them like human beings. Give it a go.
  • Reading The Stranger by Camus. It's one of those books I've always meant to read and I finally got round to it this year. Well orth the time it took to read. Bush reportedly read it this summer and that, as much as anything, was the spur. It'd be very interesting to know what the man who said "One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures" made of it.
I know I'm supposed to pass this on to seven others but I'm not going to. It's not that I'm opposed to the spreading of memes; I'm just a natural grump. Bah! (but not Humbug!)

Tags:

No comments: