Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Fear the Power of the Interweb

It's very late/early (depending on your point of view) so it seems as good a time as any to congratulate the NO2ID campaign for reaching 10,000 pledges (and counting). That really is an impressive achievement. It's not for me to tell anyone what to do but sign up! sign up!! sign up!!!

Anyway, the campaign's success can be partly attributed to a splendid interweb campaign. That there interweb is indeed a powerful weapon in the fight against tyranny.

While were on the subject, here's episode 243 in my attempts to generate a meme. Safety Elephant?* Anyone? C'mon, what's better than a vaguely amusing but utterly futile gesture?

*Obviously, I'm not claiming to have invented the phrase. I'm afraid I'm in ignorance as to the identity of the originator of the tag and am therefore unable to cite and congratulate the person responsible. Good work though.

No comments: